Happy 5th Birthday Faith Ann!!

We had Faith's five year pictures taken today along with some much needed family pictures. The above picture was taken by Ormsby Wade of Vivid Impressions here in good ole' Plato.

Faith turned Five years old today. We had her birthday party this weekend and I'll try to post some pictures later, I don't have the camera here with me right now. It's been a strange day, I've found myself thinking about the past a lot. I keep asking myself "Can she really be Five?" It seems like just yesterday when I was bringing her home from the hospital in her cute little Raggedy Ann shirt. This may sound silly to some of you, but all I kept thinking about today was that we are a quarter of the way finished with our time with Faith in our home. Those five years won't come back. These five years have gone by so quickly that I really do worry that I'll blink and miss the next five and the next five and then only have a few left before she rushes off to college or marriage or her career. Can this really be happening.....is she really growing up this fast? Strangely enough, I miss her being my tiny baby, I miss her coos and her little baby cries. I miss everything about her that is gone now. There is a country song by Trace Adkins right now that says:

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

That song explains it word for word. I think so often that we take for granted our present. We get busy with the to-do list not realizing that our children are growing into adults in the blink of an eye. Even right now, I'm sitting here on this blog typing about how much I miss her. Guess it's time to go.

No comments: